This site is owned by Highgate Counselling Centre. Registered Charity No: 289420.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be removed or forgotten
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data:
- Details of your visits to our website and the pages that you access. This could include traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Personal information such as name, email address that you provide by filling in forms on our website.
- Information provided by you when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Donation information
Use of your information
The information that we collect, and store is used primarily to help us understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We may use that information in the following ways:
- To maintain accurate internal records
- To help us improve our products and services
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To provide information on other products and services which we feel may be of interest to you.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
Storing your personal data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Cookies we may use
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Provider|
|_ga||Track Website Visitors||Google Analytics|
|_gid||Track Website Visitors||Google Analytics|
|_gat||Track Website Visitors||Google Analytics|
If you have any questions about this policy, or use of date or wish to request the information we have on you or ask us to remove the data we have on you, then please contact us by email.
Effective as of May 25, 2018.