A clinical placement with Highgate Counselling Centre will help you to develop your clinical expertise and accumulate your client hours. All clinical placements (internal or external) are supported by weekly supervision, which is undertaken at Highgate Counselling Centre or at the supervisor’s consulting room.
In order to be eligible for a clinical placement, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are undertaking a BACP or UKCP accredited counselling or psychotherapy training;
- This training is in a psychodynamic or psychoanalytic approach;
- Your tutor is able to confirm (via letter or email) that you are ready to work with clients;
- You can commit to the placement for up to 2 years;
- You can work with a minimum of 2 clients on a weekly basis;
- You can attend weekly group supervision;
- You have been in personal psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy for a minimum of six months on a minimum weekly basis; and will continue in therapy throughout your placement with HCC;
- Your therapist has trained with a HCC approved training organisation (please see the list provided under ‘Training/Diploma’ on our website); is registered with a recognised professional body and has a minimum 5 years post qualification experience;
- You hold an enhanced DBS check (we can provide this for you at a cost of £52.00).